Reason #2632 why you need a Wedding Day Emergency Kit…
Picture this…It’s the morning of my wedding. My I-Do crew and I were having a blast. My hair and makeup are complete and on point may I add. It’s go time. Time to put on that magical gown that I absolutely adored. I couldn’t wait!
I have an amazing friend Sarah that is a gown designer and seamstress. She was here alongside my mom and bridesmaids. She had done all the alterations and preparations to my dress to get it ready to walk down the aisle. She said to me as I’m stepping into my dress “do not bend, squat or move until we get you in and zipped” the hook and eye closure will not hold up on its own (it’s not designed to). What did I do as soon as the hook and eye was closed? I bent over! Pop there went the hook and eye closure and I had to have the top of my dress sewn!
This is just one example of why it’s *crucial* to have a Wedding Day Emergency Kit.
This small makeup bag filled with “just in case” items can fix most of those little wedding-day problems—and end up saving the day! Got a pounding headache pre-ceremony? Pop an Advil. Corner of your eyelash coming unglued? Whip out that tube of DUO. Did you spill some red wine or bust a seam? Luckily, you’ve packed some Shout Wipes and a mini sewing kit! From double-sided tape to deodorant, an emergency kit can be a real lifesaver on the big day.
Here’s a list of 32 items I’d recommend having on hand just in case.
- Fashion tape
- Sewing kit (this will include mini scissors and safety pins!)
- Extra jewelry and earring backs, in case anyone forgets their accessories or something breaks and you need a replacement.
- Tide To Go pen, Shout Wipes, baby powder, and/or white chalk to remove or hide any stains
- Baby wipes, makeup remover wipes, or tissues
- Bobby pins and/or hair ties
- Breath mints. You could even pack a travel-sized toothbrush + toothpaste or floss if you want.
- Advil or any other necessary meds.
- Super glue
- Clear nail polish
- A bottle of nail polish that matches your mani/pedi, in case they chip.
- Eyelash glue if you’re wearing falsies.
- Travel lotion
- Travel hairspray
- Sole inserts for high heels (your feet will thank you).
- Heel protectors – especially if you’re having an outdoor wedding!
- Nail file
- Lipstick, lipgloss, and/or Chapstick
- Oil blotting sheets for your face: I love them because they take the shine away without loading on another layer of makeup.
- Travel deodorant
- Static Guard
- Lint roller
- Small brush or comb
- Sample spritzer of your fave perfume. Gotta love those tiny bottles!
- Small mirror
- An extra pair of contacts or glasses, if you wear them.
- Shoes for dancing-Flip-flops, slippers, flats
- A healthy snack, in case you get hangry pre-ceremony.
- Our Type-A motto? You can never be too prepared!